Some of the key documents / articles on Scrum.
- Scrum Guides The brief, official, view of Scrum and how it works
- The New New Product Development Game – Nonaka and Takeuchi “The New New Product Development Game” by Hirotaka Takeuchi and Ikujiro Nonaka, published in the Harvard Business Review in 1986. Where it all began.
- 21st Century Manufacturing Enterprise Strategy. An Industry-Led View. 1992. By Roger G. Nagel. Agile manufacturing.
- Borland Software Craftsmanship: A New Look at Process, Quality and Productivity 1994. By James O. Coplien. Looks at how Borland Quattro Pro for Windows was developed using Agile processes
- Scrum Development Process By Ken Schwaber, 1997.
- Iterating Toward Agility From “Succeeding with Agile: Software Development Using Scrum” by Mike Cohn. About how to transition an organization to Scrum.
- SCRUM: An extension pattern language for hyperproductive software development By Mike Beedle, Martine Devos, Yonat Sharon, Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland, 1999.
- Retrospective on SCRUM and Its Implementation in Five Companies By Jeff Sutherland, 2001.
- Scrum history By Jeff Sutherland, 2004.
- Scrum Is A Major Management Discovery by Steve Denning in Forbes magazine. An excellent article to share with business people explaining the history, the principles, the benefits and the conditions for those benefits, of Scrum.
- Obstacles to Enterprise Agility By Michael James
- State of Scrum 2015 from Scrum Alliance
- State of Scrum 2017-2018: Scaling and Agile Transformation from Scrum Alliance